Monday, June 18

I trusted my wife and she betrayed me. I saw in her the Devil and withdrew with crossed arms.

To you Mitch, in Australia.
One mistake led me from home to homelessness. From contentment to ‘death by a thousand cuts.’
I trusted my wife and she betrayed me. I saw in her the Devil and withdrew with crossed arms.

I have read your poignant words, several times, and I feel unrelenting pain. I feel the need to be kind and find myself wondering, how can I empower this ignorant person within me to respond.
As a child of seven, I remember caring for an abandoned child of four. We were very poor (1936-penniless). To this very day I remember little Roger Darbison; [his father was put in prison.] And when he was taken away from my loving care; my ‘vase of sorrow’ dripped into my veins and has yet to be emptied. “Who are you,” I cried, “who are you who has taken little Roger away.” I knew it was the devil himself! I became a child who saw evil very clearly. Throughout my entire life I used my wealth to be kind; but I also carry a sword. I see in you Mitch, a soul-mate.

This is my story Mitch, my world view. You Mitch, on the other side of the world, have awakened in me the angel of God.
Peace.
Don.